Membership for the 2018-2019 season is now open (runs until 31 October 2019)
Please use our online membership form. You can join the club on the day of the race but it is preferable if you sign up online. NB: the Manawatu Triathlon Club financial year ends on 31st October each year.
Club member benefits
- No charge for race entry - all other competitors (non-members) pay $20 per adult, $10 for children, capped at $40 for family - for each event.
- Free entry to all club events - Triathlon & Duathlon series; Dash & Splash; Mountain Bike Duathlon events; Club relay events. Free entry for our kids' triathlon series too but you must fill in the form before the close off date for online entries
- Faster registration on race day - collect own race tag and sign a sheet - that is it.
- Included - club training on Saturday mornings at the Lido; Spin classes at City Fitness during the winter months. Also any other training under offer by the club at various times (e.g. this year we offered yoga).
- Manawatu Tri junior and tri youth squads (free for club members, maximum of 2 per family): http://triclub.co.nz/manawatu-junior-and-youth-triathlon-squads
Following changes to the way Tri NZ is managing membership of all triathletes throughout New Zealand, we are having to restructure our membership fees accordingly. While we are absorbing some of these costs, we do need to increase our fees (including Tri NZ levies).
This was approved at our AGM on 14 October.
We will now have a two tiered membership system.
- Social MTC Club Member – this means you can participate as part of the club for free including extra club activities such as swim sessions; spin classes; Kids I tried the Tri Series (for Under 12 - you will still need to register online before 8th Feb 2019 for free entry to this event), and other events that we may add during the year.
- Juniors (Under 23 years) - $60
- Seniors (23 years and over) - $100
- Tri NZ Club Member – this means you can do all of the above but also means you are licenced to race at any Tri NZ event around New Zealand including National events – including such events as Tinman; 70.3 etc. If you are planning to be a member of the MTA Junior development squad you also need to be joining this not the social membership.
- Juniors/MTA (Under 23 years) - $65
- Seniors (23 years and over) - $115
- Social Family Club Members – this means you can do all of what is described above for social membership and allows maximum of two junior family members to be an MTA development member and includes racing nationally for them. Identify the one or two junior members on the form.
- Social Family Membership - $240
- Tri NZ Family Club Members – this means you can do all of what is described above for social membership but allows you to identify any family member who intends to race nationally or join MTA development squad. You need to identify on the form which family members are seeking full Tri NZ membership.
- Tri NZ Family Membership - $255
Joining the club
You can either Sign up online or at one of our races